Last week I took a look at all I’d accomplished last year, which got me thinking about what I want to accomplish this year. Years of physical therapy have taught me that goals are very important. I do a lot better when I have a goal to work toward. Not just physically. Months of Delve Writing goal sessions reminded me I tend to wander aimlessly when I don’t have a deadline.
So this year, I plan to:
- Finish the final draft of A Shroud for my Bride and have it ready to pitch by April 26th
- Attend the Pikes Peak Writing Conference, so excited for my fourth year
- Pitch A Shroud for my Bride to Sara Sargent from HarperCollins
- Write the second draft of Skin Deep
- Write the first draft of either By Hook or By Crook or A Matter of Blood
- Read five books a month- four fiction and one on writing (need to whittle down the stacks)
- Finish the Minecraft model of my fictional city (this is too work, you’re just jealous you can’t call video games working)
- And finish one quilt every month (start an Etsy store cause, you know, that went so well last time)
Looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me. Ah! What am I doing here? I ought to be writing.